Purpose of the Job:
To manage the maintenance of the Church building and grounds while maintaining a safe and excellent environment, upholding the Change Church values, and supporting the mission and vision.
- Commit to praying for the first family, leadership, and membership of Change Church.
- Lead in generosity through consistent giving of tithes and offerings.
- Establish and foster an exemplary relationship with staff/non-staff workers, church membership, and the community.
- Champion, represent, support, and advocate for the church's vision.
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart by being willing to perform other duties as needs arise.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Must have the ability and desire to be a leader and life learner
- Facilities maintenance or repair experience ( 2 years min)
- Self-Motivated demonstrating a work ethic of hard work and diligence
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and basic construction
- Ability to work without supervision
- Must be able to set & achieve goals
- Must possess basic computer skills: Email, Google Suite, Software programs
- Performing work in one or more of the skilled trades
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and complete tasks
- Ability to maintain a good attitude in difficult situations
- Must be able to perform work under pressure
- Must be willing to adjust a regular schedule to accomplish the necessary tasks
- Must be ready to work with and assist other departments.
- Demonstrated ability working in a team environment
- Experience using standard power tools such as drills, circular and chop saws, & orbital sander
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Job Expectations:
- Schedules and manages annual evaluations and inspections.
- Schedules and directs a group of Maintenance Technicians involved in one or more craft specialties.
- Train and provide work direction and guidance.
- Monitor work of maintenance techs providing day-to-day guidance and training as needed, including proper operation of various power tools and hand tools.
- Schedule and direct Maintenance Technicians involved in one or more craft specialties; train and provide work direction and guidance while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades.
- Update the (ESpace) Platform Daily to schedule facilities spaces and Fixtures needed for events and avoid conflicts.
- Ensures the vision for facility usage, improvements, and setups are maintained.
- Understand fire alarm systems
- Perform weekly tasks such as cleaning, storage room/pod management, supply management, supply receivables, etc.
- Manage and assign work orders with the Church software.
- Ensure facility readiness for meetings, events, worship, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Provides maintenance, repairs, painting, and floor buffing, as needed.
- Oversees the scheduled maintenance and service of all church vehicles.
- Communicates with contractors and outside vendors and may plan future projects
- Director of Operations
- Location Leader
- Contact with Dream Team members
- Contact Facility and Mechanical vendors
Physical Demands and Conditions:
- Stand for prolonged amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Push 100 pounds
- Lift and carry 50 pounds
- Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- This job requires specific vision abilities: close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work safely
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- This position regularly works outdoors and will be exposed to various weather conditions, including heat, cold, and rain.
- This position occasionally works on wet, slippery floors and surfaces and is exposed to chemicals and cleaning products.